Thursday, April 26, 2007

Back to the Blog

Ok, so I know I've neglected this thing for a while now...and I'm due to post several things here from past code camp talks (one of which went extremely well, the other of which was a completely and utter disaster), but the business has completely taken off the last few months and I haven't had time to devote to this...however, last night at the Softec meeting (www.softec.org) Roberto Monge did a presentation on Web 2.0 that was very intriguing and got me motivated to try and get back to posting things here.

This video on YouTube sums up the presentation Roberto gave very well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE

Roberto highlighted a lot of what Web 2.0 is really about:  the ability to collaborate on content, to teach and alter how the web works through tagging and ratings of content and so forth, and how Web 2.0 is not really anything more than a living platform for web content...the presentation was great in that it was the first one in a while where the group hung around to talk after the fact thanks to all the good questions and the timeliness of the topic.

So now, I'm motivated :)  Let's see how long it lasts!

Rob