Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Central Coast Code Camp

Ok so the site is ugly so far since I don't have time to get a graphic designer to help out...but I've got this grand vision of bringing the code camp concept to the California Central Coast so that we don't have to drive forever to go to conferences or catch up on new technology or pay bunches of bucks...with that in mind:

http://www.centralcoastcodecamp.com

I've started preliminary work on finding a facility, and you can see from the Manifesto that there will be a lot of legwork to get enough volunteers and support from local companies to make this happen. But you've got to start somewhere and one thing I learned when I started the San Luis Obispo .NET User Group was sometimes you have to draw your line in the sand and just have a meeting to get things started.

This is going to be open to technologies of all types so this will be a good way for me to reach out to my development brethren amongst the heavy Java/PHP developers in the area and try to get us all together.

It's either going to be great fun or a great disaster! But either way it's going to be great.

Rob